Hello.

Thanks for stopping in - I hope you'll read for a while, and maybe write me a note in return!

Sunday 12 June 2011

Being Wakefull



Harvest moon rising over Lorimer Lake


Fibro Bedtime Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
Or not, but do not blame the sheep.
Had a hot bath with Epsom salts,
Warm milk, melatonin, read till tired,
But still my brain is over-fired!

Pets are fed, my spouse in bed.
No matter how I lay my head,
My neck hurts, no – my hip, no – both.
Now it’s my leg, it gives a kick…
Cramp in my foot, CRAMP IN MY FOOT!

Think I’ll get up and read some blogs,
Hope the light won’t wake the dogs.
How can I be so exhausted,
Yet my brain’s awake and spinning cogs,
While others all are sawing logs?

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep,
But failing that, my sense of humour,
For I believe I've heard it rumoured,
It’s far better to laugh than weep!
Barb McKay






Wakefully yours, Barb

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Barb! Great poem. So nice to have another Canadian follower. It's nice to be your first. Also nice to meet another Ontarian. Small world not many people have even heard of Jerseyville. It is still as lovely as ever, lots of farms and country roads. We are very lucky. Stop by often. I look forward to your future posts. Good luck in the Giveaway.

    Have a lovely day
    Sue

    ReplyDelete